Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Variety Wares Comes to Steelhead

Well...it has been a long time since my typist updated his "web-site" with my musings. A lot of water has gone under the dam since I wrote last. I opened a shop in Steelhead, L Laocombe Variety Wares. I enjoy building things, and I wish to offer merchendise that is different from what others are selling. There are many talented designers in Second Life, and I do not desire to step on any other merchant's toes. I also do not think that it is necessary to reinvent the wheel concerning what is offered. There are many airships, goggles, tables and the like available to the customer, so it seems redundant to make such things when perfectly good, quite affordable versions of them are already offered elsewhere. By using the word "variety" in the name of my little establishment, I mean it in two senses. First, I do not want to tie myself to one kind of offering. If I want to make furniture now, gadgets later, why not keep the option there. Also I mean the name to emphasize the fact that my offerings are intended to be unique, unlike those found in other places, to give "variety" to the SL public. After all, variety is the spice of life. Why would it be any different for a second life?

No comments:

Post a Comment