Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Hunt is On...though I do not know why

OK...some of the fine folks in SL are have put together a fine "hunt," designed for men. Rather than easter eggs, the hunt is for items that men can wear, a "makeover" as it is touted. I have not seen anything so far that I would call "junk," though I do not know when I will ever wear some of the items. These fancy "tennis shoes" as they are called seem to be a very futuristic thing to me, but they would not go with my personality at all. Nothing is wrong with them...they are just not "me." Normally, I would not be shopping in the stores on the hunt, or rather most of the stores, because they cater to a different demographic than mine. Yet, despite this fact, I feel I must run all over a store looking for the hidden giftie. Somehow, the fact that it is a giftie, or that it is hidden, somehow makes looking for it more exciting, interesting, exhillerating than it might otherwise be for me. While on this hunt, I spent approximately 20 minutes tearing a store apart, looking inside, under, above and behind fixtures in the store for the giftie, the contents of which I cannot at this time remember. But boy did I have fun looking for it. I imagine someone with a camera, filming men running around their store, combing it like kids on an Easter egg hunt and watching it while laughing heartily at the unsuspecting targets. Gads...I still have how many stores to visit? Better get back to it. I have heard tell of some interesting offerings. Who cares if I never use them! I GOTTA FIND THEM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment